Sector 106 of Mega-City One is short of senior Street Judges and only the most experienced Judges have been reassigned to fill this shortfall… foremost among them yourself, Dredd! What begins as a routine patrol arresting juves and skysurfers, turns into a race against time, as mysterious “Voices of Dredd” find their way into the hands of the local perps. Riding your Lawmaster bike and armed with your trusty Lawgiver, you must pit yourself against Sector 106’s brutal criminal underworld.
Quick Dredd! The countdown has begun…
You, the reader, control the direction of the story by making decisions for Dredd on each page, and choosing your path. Using a realistic dice-based battle system, you get to fight your enemies in exciting shootouts and roll your fate, as you use your array of skills against a variety of perps in an epic storyline.
- Newly written interactive story by Nick Robinson that takes the reader on an epic ride through Mega-City One.
- New gamebook rules and battle system using the Gamebook Adventures Engine. Judge’s Handbook included so that rules can be accessed at any time during the adventure if you need to refresh yourself.
- Make skill rolls based on the weapons you use, your fitness levels, and your perceived authority.
- Perp records sheets to collect during the adventure. Once a criminal is arrested or killed, their database updates with background information. Catch them all!
- Beautifully illustrated by German Ponce and other popular Dredd artists. Once found, each illustration is mounted on the achievements wall.
- Read the story and dictate the direction of the story! Options based on who you have met, where you have visited and what you have found.
- Lots of achievements to collect and artwork to find throughout the book. These are placed on your achievement wall.
- Three difficulty levels. Read the book casually by being able to move around freely or crank up the difficulty and be a hardcore gamebook player.
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
- Read the book horizontally or vertically on your tablet.
- An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
- Realistic physics based dice rolling. Shake your device!
- Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
- Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
- Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
GET IT NOW!
Pocket Gamer Review – “Funny, rewarding, and pleasantly violent, Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 replaces the rattle of gunfire with the rattle of dice, and it just works.” – 8 out of 10! – SILVER AWARD!
Gamezebo Review – “With their latest release, Tin Man Games have proven that they can handle existing characters just as well as they do heroes of their own creation. Do yourself a favor – quit reading my words and start reading theirs.” – 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Wired Review – “With a new Judge Dredd movie coming out in little more than a month, this Gamebook really fired me up and got me in the mood. (I even told my kids “I am the law” at bedtime.) And, because each time you read the book it has the potential for a different storyline and ending, Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 is a steal at $4.99 in the iTunes store.”
148 Apps Review – “It all makes for a game that’s tough to criticize. As an adventure game book, Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 succeeds very well and I suspect Judge Dredd fans will adore it all the more.” – 4 out of 5 stars!
Proven Gamer Review – “Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 was a very interesting experience. Its fusion of a choose-your-own-adventure style and a dice-based combat system delivers something fresh, not just for iPad, but for games in general.” – 5 out of 5!
2000AD Covers Uncovered Review – “Tin Man Games have done an admirable job of bringing Dredd and his colourful world to life, I genuinely hope that this is the first of many adventures.”
The Best Game Apps Review – “Overall, Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 is a splendid game book for the iOS. With a solid story, excellent visuals and a decent price for such a large project ($4.99), Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 is a true page-turner of a tale.” – 5 out of 5!
App Freak Review – “This is a licensed property that shines with the gamebook format. It’s no surprise that masters of the genre Tin Man Games came up with such a polished product — I took this for granted — and I found the character and story very fitting to the game style.”
Cranky Gamers UK Review – “Not only does it utilise the fun of the choose your own adventure books of yesteryear but to combine it with the deep and chaotic universe of Dredd along with gritty one-liners and an apt ambient soundtrack is a stroke of pure genius and immediately had me asking why no-one else had done something like this on the iPad, an ideal medium, before.”
Pixel Perfect Gaming Review – “Tin Man Games should be commended for a job well done. The atmosphere and story mimic the Judge Dredd comic book universe. Plus, the trademark slang, gangs, and Mega-City One locations are all present and accounted for. No self-respecting Judge Dredd fan should be without this game. If there ever was a time to get excited about an interactive game book (especially with the new Judge Dredd movie on the horizon), Judge Dredd Sector 106 is that game.” – 5 out of 5!