William Shakespeare’s Hamlet has finally been restored to its original second-person non-linear branching narrative format. I know! What took so long, am I right?
Now it’s up to YOU to decide what happens next. Play as Hamlet and revenge your father’s death. Play as Ophelia and make scientific discoveries. Play as King Hamlet, Sr. and die on the first page!
Discover sweet art as you play from some of the greatest and most attractive artists of Our Time, including Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant), Anthony Clark (Nedroid), Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade), Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal), Ethan Nicolle (Axe Cop), Andrew Hussie (MS Paint Adventures), Zach Weiner (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal) and WAY more than I can fit in this paragraph.
See ALL the artists at this handy link!
PURCHASE THROUGH THE HUMBLE WIDGET!
Buy To Be or Not To Be for PC, Mac, Linux and Android which also includes a Steam key! Simply use the Humble Widget below:
The iPhone and iPad versions are available here.
- Tiny Yorick skulls mark the choices Shakespeare took in his play: follow them for the original story, or abandon them whenever you want to create your own adventure! It’s up to YOU.
- Play as three different characters, each with their own unique adventures: Hamlet, Ophelia, or Hamlet’s dad, King Hamlet! (Spoiler alert: you get ghost powers and then must INVESTIGATE YOUR OWN MURDER).
- Learn things, like the meaning of the word ‘pernicious’ and the origin of the phrase ‘Till death us do part’!
- Sensibly bring evil King Claudius to justice in a court of law! Or, stuff him into a cannon and then fire him into a wall! IT’S UP TO YOU.
- Travel through TIME! Fight PIRATES! Kill a guy IN A CHURCH (it’s totally okay, he’s a jerk!)!
- View the HAML-O-METER at the end of each story to see how well you stuck to the Bard’s vision!
- Listen to the narration for an ALMOST HANDS FREE experience!
To Be or Not To Be has been created using Tin Man Games’ enhanced Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
- Dyslexic friendly font support, to aid readers with dyslexia.
- Hidden achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
- Art you discover is unlocked in the art gallery. Find all the full colour images as you play!
- Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.