You are a clone raised by the mysterious Silene Monks. Once the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, they have long since been superseded by modern technology. Now they spend most of their time hanging out and playing video games.
But you are not like the rest of your clone brothers. You have been chosen for a special destiny. Make the right decisions and you’ll complete your training, explore a universe full of adventure, and prove yourself a hero. Make the wrong decisions and you’ll be dead. Really dead. Its hard to emphasise just how dead you will be. So here’s a pre tip for you: try to make the right decisions.
You’re a clone who sets out to find your place in a cold, uncaring, but also kickass and ridiculous futuristic world, solving challenging puzzles and fighting monsters along the way. It’s like D&D for people who are too cool for other people!
- Wil Wheaton voice over! Listen to Wil Wheaton whisper things like “love”, “Plasmaster”, “moral ambiguity”, and “disappointment” into your ear.
- All new death endings, written by Zach himself. Not available in the print book!
- Includes all the interactive reading and gameplay features found in the previous Gamebook Adventures titles.
- Read the story and dictate the direction of the story! Options based on who you have met, where you have visited and what you have found.
- Lots of achievements to collect and artwork to find throughout the book. These are placed on your achievement wall.
- Play the gamebook following all the rules, or cheat all you want!
Trial of the Clone has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
- Read the book horizontally or vertically on your tablet.
- An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
- Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
- Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
- Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
PLEASE NOTE – Due to mature content this app is for users who are 17+ only. It is not recommended for children.
GET IT NOW!
148 Apps Review – “I won’t dawdle with getting this out there: I love Trial of the Clone. It made me laugh numerous times and it made me want to replay it many, many times just so I could see how things could work out differently. It’s simply brilliant.” – 4.5 out of 5 – Editor’s Choice!
Gamezebo Review – “If you like the sense of humour, you’ll find this absolutely hilarious. Lengthy, solid story with excellent replay value for a gamebook.” – 4.5 out of 5!
Android Rundown Review – “Lots of varying play, cool media and a funny story.” – 8.5 out of 10!
Just Press Start Review – “If I really wanted to be lazy, I could summarize my review for Tin Man Games’ newest app Trial of the Clone like this: Buy the damn thing- NOW.”
GeekDad Review – “This story touches so many GeekDad hotspots, there is a possibility that this post may self-implode in the awesomeness described here. Page after page, choice after choice, Trial of the Clone is very funny. The result is a glorious experience.”
Digitally Downloaded Review – “Oh, and there’s an option to “Turn Wil Wheaton” on. Select it and the voice of Wesley Crusher will narrate the entire book to you. There ya go. Now you have to buy it.” – 4 out of 5!
Sydney Morning Herald Review – “This title should appeal to a wide audience. Fans of comedic science fiction, such as Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Red Dwarf, and Hyperdrive should definitely have a look, and anyone who enjoys Weiner’s webcomics should also be an easy sell. It also reads well as a loving parody of gamebooks in general, so fans of Tin Man’s Gamebook Adventures or the Fighting Fantasy series are bound to enjoy it. Really, though, if you’re just looking for a laugh, you would be hard pressed to find a better buy for only four bucks.”
Starburst Magazine Review – “Our personal high points are when the author breaks the fourth wall and insults the reader directly…” – 8 out of 10!
App Champ Review – “An addictive game that will advise you to play by the rules but totally lures you to cheat, if you are smart enough!”
Casual Gameplay (JayIsGames) – “If you know Zach or SMBC, then it should come as no surprise that Trial of the Clone is frakking hilarious.”